Subscribe
faceook icon
Add to del.icio.us

4/20/06

Four and Half Month Check In


It has been almost five month since my surgery. Phew! and what a tumultous time it has been! I am down 66 pounds. For that I am grateful. But I was severely nauseous and vomiting for four of those months! For the first six weeks I could barely keep down water.

Now that this has calmed (but not gone away totally) I can think clearer. I am no longer considering having the surgery reversed. In fact, I have been on a plateau for over a month. One pound down one up... its getting frustrating. What good was all this shit I lived with, if not to lose weight? I am happy for my success, make no mistake. But I have a ways to go before I can be considered "normal"-weighted.

I will blog more, now that I can keep from running to the bathroom.

Thanks for reading this.

2 comments:

The Catapillar on 8:48 PM said...

I am glad you are feeling better and are back. I look forward to your future posts.

Thanks for letting me know you are back :)

Susy on 7:33 AM said...

Just was looking back @ your blog and when you were 5 months out Barb. Looks like you were just a bit ahead of me with weight loss @ 5 months. But then to see you write you were stuck on a plateau for that month with up's and down's it makes it more real. Not enough people on there blogs talk about the up's and down's and the good with the bad. I wish I could find more truthful blogs like yours. When reading I can see you felt some of the same feelings and frustrations from time to time.